TheHRLink.com Terms and Conditions.
Terms and Conditions
Please read these conditions carefully before using the uk.thehrlink.com website. By using the uk.thehrlink.com website, you signify your agreement to be bound by these conditions:
Jobs and CV Search
- The following definitions apply:
” employers ” means the company, firm or organisation which has set up an account with “uk.thehrlink.com” in order to use the Services.
“Commencement Date” means the date for the commencement of the Services as set out in the Order Confirmation.
“Order Confirmation” means, in the case of online orders, the confirmation of purchase on the Website of one or more of the Services; and in the case of orders via the “uk.thehrlink.com” sales team, the form signed by the employers confirming details and Pricing Model(s) of the Services ordered by the employers.
“Pricing Model(s)” means the pricing models offered by “thehrlink” as set out in clause 3.
“uk.thehrlink.com” means HR link Ltd, acting through its division thehrlink.com.
“uk.thehrlink.com Group” means all companies in the same group as thehrlink.com. Two companies are in the same group if they share the same ultimate holding company.
“Services” means the online recruitment services as set out in clause 2.
“Terms” means these terms and conditions.
“Website” means www.uk.thehrlink.com and includes without limitation its content, databases, software, code and graphics.
- The following Services are available from uk.thehrlink.com via the Website:
Vetted: A service where we will charge employers a fee of £9.95 annually for being vetted as a safeguard to our jobseeker’s information so they know that their data is safe and secure with the employers. You won’t be able to see contact details on the profiles unless you choose to upgrade to our premium licences. You can however contact the job seeker through our chat page.
Premium licences: A service where the employers can download cv’s but with a limit of how many. So, for 100 cv’s it will cost £99, 500 cv’s will cost £199 and for 1000 it will cost £299 per month. You will get as many free ads you want plus a premium ad a day. These licences will give you access to job seekers contact details.
Premium Ads: A service whereby employer will be charged £30 on their own for 30 days for one premium ad, to be featured on the find jobs page at the top.
CV Search: The employer will be given access to a search engine to search for jobseeker CVs which match the criteria and filtering set by the employer. Various bundles of CV downloads may be purchased, subject to a fair usage cap.
Branding Opportunities: various opportunities to promote employers’ brands are available, including Recruiter Profile, where customers can themselves create a profile of their company or organisation on the Website using thehrlink tools for an agreed time.
Email & SMS Services: various email & SMS services are available, including targeted emails or text messages, where thehrlink will send a one-off email or text with details of the employers job(s) to an agreed number of the most recently registered jobseeker who match the criteria set by the employers.
- The following Pricing Models are available in relation to the Services offered:Ads by Volume: (i) the employers will buy the agreed number of job postings as set out in the Order Confirmation; (ii) the agreed pricing and payment method will be set out in the Order Confirmation, (iii) all job postings must be posted within 12 months of date of purchase (unless otherwise set out in the Order Confirmation).
CVs by Volume: (i) the employers will buy the agreed number of CV downloads as set out in the Order Confirmation; (ii) the employers will pay upfront for the CV downloads; (iii) the employers are entitled to download CVs at any time within the contract period set out in the Order Confirmation subject to thehrlink’s fair usage policy set out under clause 43.
Ads On Demand: (i) no minimum commitment is required from the employers, (ii) an unlimited number of jobs may be posted with a maximum of 500 live jobs at any one time (unless otherwise set out in the Order Confirmation), (iii) the employers will be charged for every job posted in accordance with the pricing matrix set out in the Order Confirmation.
Subscription Services – Job Postings: the employers may post an unlimited number of jobs.
- Thehrlink shall provide the Services in accordance with these Terms. employers must set up an account with thehrlink in order to gain access to the Services. The Services do not constitute an offer by thehrlink, and thehrlink reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to refuse to offer the Services to any person or organisation.
- A legally binding contract between thehrlink and the employers comprising these Terms and the Order Confirmation will come into effect when (i) in the case of online orders, the screen confirming successful purchase of Services appears on the Website or (ii) in the case of orders via thehrlink sales team, thehrlink has received the employers completed Order Confirmation. The employers acknowledge that such contract is conditional upon the employers passing thehrlink’s credit checking process.
- Thehrlink.com shall perform the Services using information and criteria supplied by the employers. It is the employer’s responsibility to provide accurate and up to date information
- The employers undertake not to submit for inclusion in any job posting, its Recruiter Profile, or anything to appear on the Website, any material which is illegal, defamatory, offensive, fraudulent, violent, discriminatory, obscene or sexually explicit or which may adversely affect thehrlink.com or thehrlink.com’s reputation
- Other than for Services paid for online or by phone using credit or debit cards (where thehrlink.com will provide payment confirmation after payment has been taken), thehrlink shall issue an invoice to the employers on formation of contract as set out in clause 5 above, and in the case of Subscription Services, at agreed intervals in advance thereafter. The employers shall pay thehrlink’s invoices in full within 14 days from the date of invoice. In the event of late payment, thehrlink may suspend any or all of the Services until payment is received. In the event that the employers fails to pay any invoice within 7 days of receipt of a notice to pay (receipt shall be deemed to be 2 working days after the date of such notice), thehrlink may terminate the Services and all outstanding invoices shall become payable immediately. In the case of subscription Services, the fees in respect of any outstanding minimum term shall also become payable immediately. For the avoidance of doubt, the employers shall remain liable for payment of all agreed Services notwithstanding such Services have been suspended or terminated under this clause 8. Without prejudice to any other remedy, thehrlink reserves the right to charge interest in accordance with the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998 as amended.
- Online payment services will be carried out by Paypal. Online card payments shall be subject to paypal.com terms and conditions.
- The employer may provide thehrlink with a recurring payment authority to enable Reed to take regular payments from the employer nominated debit or credit card for payment of the Services. Such authority must be provided to thehrlink’s sales team by phone or online through the employer Recruiter account. When a recurring payment authority has been provided, thehrlink will be entitled to take regular payments for the Services from the nominated debit or credit card without the need to obtain individual authorisation for every payment. The employer may cancel or update a recurring payment authority at any time by calling thehrlink’s sales team or online in the employer Recruiter account. The employer will remain liable for any outstanding fees (if any) in the event that a recurring payment authority is cancelled prior to paying for all Services provided.
- Once a contract has been formed, thehrlink cannot accept any cancellation of the agreed Services: No refunds will be given and outstanding invoices shall remain payable. Without prejudice to the foregoing:
(i) Subscription Services (Job Search and CV Search) are for a minimum term of 12 months unless otherwise agreed with thehrlink. In the event of early termination, no refunds will be given, outstanding invoices shall remain payable, and the fees in respect of any outstanding minimum term shall become payable. These services will automatically renew for a further minimum term of 12 months on the same terms and fees as are applicable on the date immediately prior to the relevant anniversary date, unless either party gives the other written notice to terminate at least 28 days prior to such anniversary.
(ii) For the avoidance of doubt, Premium, Featured and Vetted Job Posting credits and CV Search credits do not roll over beyond the contract end date. Any Job Postings that are live on the Website will remain live until their expiry date, but no new Job Postings can be made using the credits from the relevant contract.
(iii) For Services purchased online, refunds may occasionally be given at thehrlink.com’s sole and absolute discretion.
- Thehrlink.com may, in its sole and absolute discretion, add to, modify or discontinue any of the Services from time to time. However, this will not affect any Order Confirmation agreed prior to any change or withdrawal of the relevant Service.
- Thehrlink.com reserves the right to change the fees and/or these Terms from time to time, provided that no change shall be retrospective.
- Without prejudice to any other remedy, thehrlink may terminate the employer account and any or all contracts and Services with immediate effect in the event of material or persistent breach of these Terms by the employer or if thehrlink has reasonable grounds to believe that the employer cannot or will not pay its debts.
- thehrlink reserves the right to close any account immediately without liability if, in its opinion, any of the following has occurred:
a. the employer has not provided full or accurate contact or company information;
b. thehrlink considers the employer is acting inappropriately or illegally;
c. the employer is using the Website to advertise websites, services, businesses and/or business opportunities (unless the business is an agreed franchise system opportunity) in any part of the job vacancy or on any part of the site;
d. the employer fails thehrlink’s credit checking process, or defaults on payment;
e. the employer resells job postings without the express permission of thehrlink;
f. the employer has been given permission to resell job postings but does not accurately represent the products and services that are offered by thehrlink; and/or
g. the employer has shared its CV Search access with a third party.
- The employer agrees to use the Website and the Services in ‘good faith’ i.e. to post authentic, impartial and unique jobs of reasonable quality, which provide both adequate and accurate job details. The employer also agrees that any abuse of the Services, Website or these Terms can result in the employer access to the Services being removed, and its account terminated.
- All intellectual property rights connected with the Services and/or the Website shall remain vested in thehrlink or any third party from whom such rights are licensed. The employer shall not reproduce, copy, modify, adapt, publish, transmit, distribute or in any way commercially exploit any material which is subject to any such intellectual property rights.
- thehrlink cannot guarantee that (i) the Website and/or the Services will be available at all times; (ii) the Website will be free from errors, viruses and/or other harmful applications; and (iii) the Services will generate any applications, responses or results (Premium+ Job Postings excepted, by which the employer will receive the number of applications as set out in the description of the relevant Service). For the avoidance of doubt, no Service is guaranteed to result in a placement.
- For the sake of clarity and the avoidance of doubt, the employer acknowledges that it is acting as a data controller for the purpose of current data protection legislation in connection with any personal data it obtains in the provision of the Services by thehrlink. It is the employer responsibility to comply with its obligations as a data controller and to satisfy themselves of the legal grounds for processing any personal data.
- thehrlink acknowledges that it will act as a data controller for the purposes of current data protection legislation and that it will comply with its legal obligations in the provision of the Services.
- thehrlink shall not be in breach of these Terms if events beyond its reasonable control prevent thehrlink from performing the Services.
- It is the employer responsibility to protect their computers against any viruses and malware.
- These Terms and, where appropriate, the Order Confirmation contain the entire agreement and understanding between thehrlink and the employer. The employer acknowledges that it has not relied on any representation made by thehrlink in entering this contract, however, nothing in this clause shall exclude any liability for fraudulent misrepresentation. To the fullest extent permitted by law, all terms implied by law or statute are excluded.
- In the event that the employer makes a claim against thehrlink for whatever reason, thehrlink’s liability (if any) shall not exceed the price paid or to be paid by the employer for the Services. Under no circumstances shall thehrlink be liable for any consequential, indirect or special losses howsoever arising or for any loss of profits, revenue, interest, goodwill, business and/or savings (whether direct or indirect). Nothing in these Terms shall be construed to exclude thehrlink’s liability for death or personal injury by negligence or any other liability which cannot by law be excluded.
- If any clause or part of a clause is held to be invalid or unenforceable, this will not affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining clauses or parts.
- Notices to thehrlink.com shall be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org and notices to the employer shall be sent by email to the address supplied on set up of the employer’s account.
- From time to time thehrlink.com will contact employer in order to evaluate the service they receive and also to promote thehrlink.com services and products. thehrlink.com monitors the quality of vacancies from time to time in order to provide a better service to jobseeker.
- The employer undertakes not to solicit, or endeavour to solicit, for employment or engagement with itself or any associated company or organisation, any employee of thehrlink.com or of any member of the thehrlink.com Group. Breach of this clause shall be a material breach and will entitle thehrlink.com, without prejudice to any other remedies it may have, to terminate the employer account and Services immediately.
- The employer will not be entitled to bring any claim or legal proceedings in respect of any refund or other repayment, howsoever arising, 4 years after the date on which entitlement to such refund or repayment arose. For the avoidance of doubt, the Website terms and conditions apply in addition to the above Terms.
- The employer shall not resell any Services without the express written permission of thehrlink.com. thehrlink.com reserves the right to impose any restrictions it deems fit should it provide permission for the reselling of any of the Services.
- The Terms shall be governed by English law and the parties submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
- By submitting a vacancy to the Website, the employer is authorising thehrlink.com to post such vacancy and submit jobseeker ranked by thehrlink.com in accordance with the employer criteria (if any).
- The employer is responsible for the content of the vacancy and will indemnify thehrlink.com against any claim, loss, liability, expense and/or damage (“Losses”) in connection therewith.
- The employer shall include in the job description the following information:
1. Any qualifications and/or authorisations required by law or any or by any relevant professional body:
2. If the rate of pay is included, the job description must also include the nature of the work, the location, minimum experience, training and/or qualifications required in order for an applicant to receive such rate of pay; and/or
3. Where the employer is an employment agency or employment business (as defined in the Employment Agencies Act 1973), it must state in which capacity it is acting in relation to the vacancy.
- The employer shall provide sufficient details about itself and the vacancy to applicants including without limitation the employer identity, the nature of its business, the nature of the role, the type of work to be performed, the commencement date, the likely duration, the hours of work, the location, the remuneration, the intervals of payment and benefits, and the notice periods required to be given and received.
- Applicants’ responses will be forwarded by thehrlink.com by e-mail subject to any filtering and ranking. The employer is responsible for verifying the information contained in applicants’ responses and thehrlink.com accepts no responsibility for the content of any such application. In particular, but without limitation, the employer is responsible for verifying the applicant’s identity, eligibility to work, experience, training, qualifications and authorisations required by the employer, by law or by any relevant professional body for the vacancy.
- All and any subsequent dealings between the employer and any applicant in connection with the applicant’s response to the job posting are the responsibility of the employer, and thehrlink.com accepts no liability whatsoever therewith. The employer will indemnify thehrlink.com against any Losses in connection therewith.
- The employer will comply with all applicable laws, including without limitation: current data protection legislation and the Equality Act 2010. By submitting a vacancy to the Website, the employer thereby confirms that the content of the vacancy complies with the Code of Practice on Employment provided by the Equality and Human Rights Commission, which is currently available at:
The employer shall indemnify thehrlink.com against any Losses in connection therewith.
- theHRLink Ltd can change the terms of this agreement without giving any notice
- The employer, if an employment agency or an employment business, will comply with the provisions of the Conduct of Employment Agencies and Businesses Regulations 2003 (“the Regulations”) and the Employment Agencies Act 1973 in relation to all vacancies posted on thehrlink.com site, communications with applicants and management of applicants’ details. The employer shall indemnify thehrlink.com against any Losses in connection therewith.
- The employer shall not post any vacancy where:
1. there is a risk to the health and safety of any applicant at the location where the work is to be performed, unless the employer undertakes to inform the jobseekers of such risks and the steps taken to prevent or control such risks; or
2. the role involves working with vulnerable persons, including without limitation persons under the age of 18 or persons in need of care and attention by reason of old age, infirmity or any other circumstances, unless the employer undertakes, in respect of the candidate to be placed, (i) to obtain copies of any relevant qualifications or authorisations of the candidate; (ii) to obtain two references from persons who are not relatives of the candidate; and (iii) to take all other reasonably practicable steps, including without limitation complying with all relevant laws, codes of practices and guidelines issued by relevant authorities, to confirm that the candidate is not unsuitable for the position concerned.
By posting any vacancy set out in sub-clauses 38 (1) and (2) above, the employer is deemed to give the relevant undertakings. Where the employer is an employment business or agency, the employer shall offer copies of the documents obtained under sub-clauses 38 (2) (i) and (ii) to the hirer.
- The employer accepts responsibility for any detriment which it may suffer or incur in respect of the engagement of an applicant and shall hold thehrlink.com harmless against any Losses in connection therewith. The employer shall use all reasonable endeavours to ascertain that it will not be detrimental to the interests of the applicant it intends to engage (if any) to work for the employer in the vacancy posted.
- thehrlink.com reserves the right in its sole and absolute discretion to remove any vacancy at any time without reason. Examples of vacancies that may be removed include, but are not limited to:
1. those that thehrlink.com considers illegal, inappropriate or fraudulent
2. those that directly or indirectly require or ask for application or registration fees
3. those that advertise, pyramid, network marketing or get-rich-quick schemes
4. those that have been indiscriminately posted or duplicated across multiple sectors
5. those that advertise websites, services, businesses, business opportunities and/or contact details
6. those of employer who solicit staff from any member of the Reed Group.
- Free job postings are allocated to the employer as a company, firm or other organisation, rather than to individual users or business units. Franchised businesses are allocated free job postings centrally – to be shared amongst its franchisees – and not to each franchised operation.
- Free job postings are at the discretion of thehrlink. Breach by the employer of any of these Terms may result in the Services being withdrawn from the employer. In the event that the employer has any outstanding debt owing to thehrlink, the Services shall be withdrawn.
- A user is a person or organisation with a unique login. A employer may have more than one user where agreed with thehrlink.com. For the purpose of the fair usage cap, each of the following will count as one download: (i) downloading a candidate’s CV from the Website onto any computer device such as a PC, phone or tablet computer; (ii) viewing a candidate’s full profile on the Website; (iii) adding a candidate to a shortlist created on the Website; (iv) sending a message to a candidate via the Website. Previewing a candidate’s profile will not be considered as a download.
- CV search access can only be used for recruitment purposes. Using CV Search for the purposes of marketing or direct selling to jobseeker is prohibited and will result in the suspension of the account. The employer shall not use any automated computer program to search for and/or download information on jobseeker. Breach of this clause 45 will result in suspension of the employer’s account.
- The employer shall not share its access to CV Search with any third party.